Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Class



Elke Coon taught a class at Knitting Grounds on Entrelac, Reverse Knitting and Reverse Purling last night. It was a hard concept to grasp and it felt like knitting for the first time. My hands felt awkward, I didn't know where to hold the yarn, I couldn't figure out how to read the pattern, I didn't know if I should be knitting forward or backward, or even knitting or purling!


It was great fun and now that I think I have it down, I'm hooked! I started at the store, ended up frogging (I attended Aaron's class on frogging) and started over. I had to leave with only 2 triangles on my needles but stayed up knitting at home until midnight to get the technique down. I had no intention of starting another project, especially one that wasn't in my Ravelry queue but I really wanted to learn how to do this.

I wasn't too sure of the Noro Silk Garden the pattern called for. I didn't like how it felt, but I loved the color. I am enjoying this yarn and I love how the color fits into the Entrelac pattern.

Elke is amazing, she can visualize how the stiches go together and form the fabric. She understood our questions, and could see what we were knitting as we went along. I would love to have a few more sessions with her.

No comments: